[chiglug] Purism (@Puri_sm) FOSS Laptop, Privacy & Security

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Tue Oct 27 13:40:13 UTC 2015

$1800 seems a bit high.
Hardware Kill Switches  $89 ??

"""
All other laptops use hardware chips coupled with software that can betray
you. News stories have shown how these chips can surreptitiously transmit
voice, networking, picture or video signals. Other chips are used to
install spyware, malware or viruses. These built-in vulnerabilities can
turn “your” computer into “their” computer. Only by selecting each and
every chip in our Librem laptops can we guarantee your privacy, security
and freedom are protected.
"""

The wording bothers me.