[chiglug] Purism (@Puri_sm) FOSS Laptop, Privacy & Security

Dan Krol orblivion at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 13:11:56 UTC 2015

I wonder why they made their own operating system and browser.

I also wonder what the FSF has to say. Looking at this link:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/purism/librem-15

"While the BIOS is not yet free, the Librem 15 will be the first laptop
ever manufactured to ship a modern Intel CPU fused to run unsigned BIOS
code, allowing for a future where free software can replace the
proprietary, digitally signed BIOS binaries. This marks one of the largest
hurdles to a laptop that runs 100% free software and firmware."