[chiglug] systemd

Rob Dux robwdux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:02:44 UTC 2015

How about discussing the point in systemd tries to do more rather than less
as indicated here: http://skarnet.org/software/s6/systemd.html

Case in point - forces other software to hook with it in order to be
supported. Software then is forced to become less portable. e.g. Gnome
Shell -- OpenBSD now must write shims to support it.
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20140915064856

What about:

"The distribution model of systemd, made of lobbying and bullying, is much
more akin to the distribution model of Microsoft Windows than the one of
GNU/Linux."