[Discuss] RMS talks in March

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Wed Mar 18 22:36:09 UTC 2015

Public figures are typically fair game for criticism and satire. His
joke was mild compared to what you see on broadcast television shows
like the Tonight Show or something. Those jokes are typically considered
socially acceptable. But that is all beside the point...

I'm going to assert that the real reason many of you are critical of
Richard Johnson's joke is that it involved genitalia. I doubt it would
have received the same level of criticism if Johnson commented on
Stallman picking his nose or something.

- eviljoel