[chiglug] Meeting Reminder: Saturday, February 11th @ 2pm - 8sync

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Tue Feb 7 02:45:59 UTC 2017

Hi All,

The Chicago GNU/Linux User Group is meeting on Saturday, February 11th,
2017, at 2:00pm [0].  We'll be meeting at Pumping Station: One, near
Addison
and Elston:

   https://goo.gl/maps/KDGa7VuYXXy

Chris Webber is set to present on 8sync [1], an actor-model library for
GNU
Guile. If you've seen other presentations that forgo slides for a
custom-programmed, multi-user video game as teaching vehicle [2], Chris'
approach may seem old-hat to you, but if you've never participated in a
presentation and learned a new technology via a custom-programmed video
game,
you won't want to miss it.

As always, pizza will be provided, and folks are encouraged to bring a
beverage
to share.

For further information, visit our homepage and RSVP via our meetup
page:

   * https://chicagolug.org/meetings/2017-02-11/
   * https://www.meetup.com/wclug-org/events/237358418/

As always, let us know if you have any questions, and we'll look forward
seeing you there!

Jim

[0] Apologies for the late email. I hope many of you have seen the
notice go out via our Meetup or have seen the announcement on Twitter.
[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/8sync/
[2] Pics or it didn't happen