[chiglug] Thoughts on Android variants? (In particular, Copperhead OS?)

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Sun Nov 6 23:01:51 UTC 2016

Do they have a track-record of spinning-out the android security updates
quickly? I am using the stock android OS on my Nexus 5x mostly because I
know that they get the security updates out on a regular basis (and even
they don't have the patched kernel for the recent Dirty Cow
vulnerability, which should come in the coming month's update).

I'm also unclear as to whether Copperhead comes with the f-droid or
google app stores pre-installed, or whether you'd have to install those
via allowing external sources. I never felt good enabling that option.

All in all, this sounds like a pretty good alternate rom as compared to
the others. Have you installed it, or are you just considering it?

Jim