[chiglug] EFF event planning meeting - this weekend

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Thu Mar 10 23:02:06 UTC 2016

Hi All,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 05:59 PM, meg ford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, March 8, 2016, Jim Campbell <jcampbell at gnome.org> wrote:
>> Hi All,

Joel and I had discussed getting together this Saturday or Sunday to

start mapping out details of the April 16th digital privacy event, and

wanted to see who may be interested in helping out. Saturday A.M. works

best for Joel, and that works fine for me. Sunday is still on the table,

as well.

As for what we'd be working through during this time, we're thinking of

what we'd like to have has event topics, and how we'll structure the

event - getting more into the day's agenda and how things will flow. By

the end of this get-together, we'll have an agenda for the day's

schedule and probably have some talk assignments.

If you'd like to help with this, and think you can make it out, let us

know your preferred date / time for the weekend. We don't have a

location set yet, but it will likely be a coffee shop.

> Saturday works for me.
>>
>> Thanks, everyone!!

Jim

P.S. As is probably that case with at least some of you, my work

schedule has been a bit overwhelming lately. I / we do intend to get

back to "regularly scheduled LUG programming" in the near future, but if

someone (Peter, Rob, Bonnie or Lincoln?) is interested in organizing

some speaking topics for an upcoming meeting, that would be really super

excellently great. I want things to stay active for regular LUG-like

activities, as well.

If this EFF stuff is uninteresting for you, we appreciate you humoring

us while we plan this event.  : )

It looks like Saturday is the day.  : )  Proposed time is around 9am, but we haven't decided on a spot yet (probably a coffee shop) A few of you have contacted me off list, if there are others who would still like to join us, feel free to let us know. Thanks!

Jim