[chiglug] Programming Tonight & EFF event plans

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Wed Jan 27 05:36:41 UTC 2016

Hi All,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016, at 07:16 AM, Freddy Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd  more than happy to help with any planning with EFF. Let me know
> how I can help...

In addition to that, we're in the early stages of planning an event with

the EFF around surveillance of social groups. Right now we're looking to

have the event sometime in April ( . . . still flexible) and would

appreciate any help or leads regarding possible locations.  Something

convenient to the red or blue lines would be best, but we can be

flexible if you have a good spot available.

> --
> Freddy Martinez

I spoke with Shahid  from the EFF today, and we are targeting April for
the event. At this time we'd like to get in touch with groups who may be
interested in attending. He suggested Black Lives Matter Chicago, the
Chicago Lawyer's Guild, and Restore the Fourth.  If there are other
groups who you think may be interested in a workshop around basic tools
to protect against surveillance, feel free to share.

As for the event agenda, e talked about having kind of a two-tiered
kind of thing, where he would cover basic stuff ( using Signal,
https everywhere, privacy badger, etc.), and have other people talk
about other, more involved stuff (GPG . . . ).  This is all very
tentative for now.

We also talked about building networks within the various involved
groups to help each other after the event.  We didn't talk for very
long, so this aspect of it is a bit open-ended.

We are going to have a check-in conference call on Monday, 2/8 at about
5:30pm, so let me know if you would like the call-in details.

Regards,

Jim