[chiglug] Programming Tonight & EFF event plans

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Tue Jan 26 00:06:25 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We have scheduled an informal event for this Friday, January 29th. We'll
be hacking over coffee at New Wave Coffee in Logan Square, starting at
about 7:00pm.  Feel free to arrive early or arrive late.

Details, including links to the venue and a map are available on our
website:

  https://chicagolug.org/meetings/2016-01-29.html

We hope to see you there!!

In addition to that, we're in the early stages of planning an event with
the EFF around surveillance of social groups. Right now we're looking to
have the event sometime in April ( . . . still flexible) and would
appreciate any help or leads regarding possible locations.  Something
convenient to the red or blue lines would be best, but we can be
flexible if you have a good spot available.

I did bring up the possibility of having them speak as part of Flourish,
but that didn't work out with their scheduling.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions,

Jim