[chiglug] wanted: container farm for testing playbook

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Wed Dec 7 18:01:35 UTC 2016

I want to help test this ansible-playbook that builds the machines needed
to record and live stream a conference.

 https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debconf-video/ansible.git/tree/

It was written a few weeks ago after a few machines had been setup
manually. the
playbook has never been run successfully. (the people working on it ran out
of time and went home.)

I want some sort of script/tool to create a bunch of 'things' that can be
used to test the playbook.  I kinda need 5-9 things, so VMs may be a little
much for my 4gig ram laptop. So I think containers are what I want.  But
after spending a little time trying to bring up one, I am going to ask for
someone else who knows what they are doing.

remember, this is just for testing the deployment.  I don't plan on using
containers in production, or even to test the video apps (capture, mixer,
streaming..)

--
Carl K