[chiglug] December meeting & other notes

sten me at sud0.com
Fri Nov 20 16:34:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Jim Campbell <jcampbell at gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As we cruise through November, I wanted to see what December meeting
> dates would work well for folks and discuss a few other items.
>
> As for the December meeting, I'd want to keep the meeting earlier in the
> month, so I'm thinking either Saturday, December 5th, or Saturday the
> 12th. Let us know if you have a preference for either weekend (or if you
> know that one won't work for you).
>
> As for talks, I want to suggest two:  Drew Fustini giving a talk on
> Let's Encrypt and Sten giving his proposed systemd talk. Would either /
> both of you be up for giving those talks in December?

I started putting together some stuff on systemd, and realized these guys
covered it better than I ever could:

https://www.redhat.com/en/about/videos/demystifying-systemd-summit-2015

So anything I did would just be a sad re-hash of that preso, and people
should just go watch that one :)

If there's no other volunteers to talk, I might be able to put together
something around OpenShift 3.1 which just went GA. There's some huge
changes from 3.0 to 3.1 that are worth noting.