[chiglug] systemd

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Nov 10 13:31:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 8:55 PM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
wrote:

> Speaking about proving you wrong, you'd better get some evidence that
> systemd initted systems are universally, in every use case, better than
> alternatives such as Gentoo, Funtoo, Void Linux, Devuan, *BSD, just to
> name a few. Or you'll be proven wrong by the alternatives.

But you did mention

[...] the best init system for the job depends on the use case [...]

I don't think he's required to prove systemd is *universally* better. Maybe
you don't either?

You gave helpful advice for uncovering advantages and disadvantages for
different use cases and different levels of expertise with users. That will
make for an interesting talk. I don't want to place a burden on someone to
prove that there are no disadvantages and that systemd's way of handling
things is the best. That would not be an interesting talk.

shekay at pobox.com