[Discuss] Sandstorm.io

Jake Weisz jtness at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:31:06 UTC 2015

Hey everyone, my name is Jacob Weisz. I was at the February meeting for the first time, and I will probably try to drop by more in the future, availability permitting. (Though not this month due to travel.)

I was curious if there would be interest in me giving a talk on Sandstorm.io, which is a personal cloud platform currently in development. It's open source, and can run web apps written in basically anything that runs on Linux in a very secure fashion. It tends to be a bit hard to summarize, but I think a lot of people would be very interested if they saw a short demo.

I could probably do as short as a five minute lightning talk (the demo is actually like good to go in a minute or less) or if people wanted to know more about the underlying security or the process of packaging apps for it, I could do a longer thing. Usually people tend to have a fair number of questions, but I don't really do much in the way of talks, so I don't know.