[Discuss] Linux Foundation scholarships, plus July and August meeting information

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Wed Jun 17 17:40:56 UTC 2015

Hi All,

The GNU/Linux Foundation [0] has opened-up their 2015 training
scholarship program to applications. There are a number of different
categories for applicants, and several of you came to mind when I saw
the categories. If you're interested, you should check out their
offerings and totally apply! Details are here [1].

Also, we have set a date for our next formal meeting - Saturday, July
18th. Sten Turpin will be speaking on Ansible, and we'll have time for
hacking on ChicagoLUG infrastructure with Ansible. It should be a good
chance to learn about Ansible, get some practice with it, and make our
LUG infrastructure more hackable. More details soon (including updates
to our website and meetup page - those aren't posted yet).

Finally, we even have one speaker lined up (and a confirmed meeting
date!) for August! Our August date is set for Saturday, August 15th, and
Jorge Castro, the server community lead from Canonical, will be in to
share information about Juju. Juju helps you to quickly deploy services
to servers. If you're interested in speaking at this meeting, too,
please let us know what you'd like to talk on.

Cheers,

Jim

[0] GNU because freedom, people.
[1]