[Discuss] Ansible for chicagolug.org services

sten me at sud0.com
Mon Jun 1 19:10:08 UTC 2015

On Jun 1, 2015 11:25 AM, "Jim Campbell" <jcampbell at gnome.org> wrote:

> On Sun, May 31, 2015, at 11:32 PM, Joseph Wegner wrote:
> > On 05/31/2015 09:37 PM, Peter Baumgarten wrote:
> > > I would be interested in participating in a hackfest.  As a puppet
> > > <https://puppetlabs.com/> user myself I have been meaning to try out
> > > either ansible <http://www.ansible.com> or salt <http://saltstack.com
>.
> > >
> > > On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 2:02 PM, sten <me at sud0.com <mailto:me at sud0.com
>>
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > >     On May 29, 2015 07:07, "Jim Campbell" <jcampbell at gnome.org
> > >     <mailto:jcampbell at gnome.org>> wrote:
> > >
> > >         __

> > >     I'd be happy to do that. Maybe I'll put together a quick
> > >     presentation on the basics and some examples. From there, we can
> > >     work on building out a working set of services.
> > >

> > >         Jim
> > >

> > I would definitely be interested in attending a hackfest. We're working
> > on making some Ansible playbooks at work for provisioning RHEL 7 VMs, so
> > it would be great to see an example of how others are using these tools.
> >
> > -Joe
>

> Would June 29th work for this? Sten, would you be free then and able to
> give a talk on this?

The 29th is a Monday, which might actually work for me, but I'm assuming
that's not what you meant.. I can't do the 27th. I'm not sure about the
21st yet.

If people want to get a head start, the Ansible documentation is great.
There's an intro here: http://docs.ansible.com/intro.html

When I learned Ansible, I basically took an evening and went through that
intro, and after that evening felt like I had a good handle on how to work
with the tool.

Others?  (If anyone won't be free then, but still