[Discuss] Proposing OpenShift & Docker as a Meetup topic for May

ryan jarvinen ryanj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 22:31:54 UTC 2015

The betas of OpenShiftV3 (w/docker) still have a lot of rough edges, so
I usually only demo the lower-level Docker and Kubernetes pieces anyway.
I was going to drop my "project Atomic" section since you've had that
covered recently.

Normally, I also include a quick intro to our stable (non-Docker)
release of OpenShift, to give people an idea of the UX workflows that
they can expect to see exposed atop Kubernetes and the newer "V3" platform.

Here are two alternative topics that might also work:
http://fluentconf.com/javascript-html-2015/public/schedule/speaker/152030

"Building Release Pipelines on the Open Web" is more DevOps / Release
Eng focused, using OpenShift V2 and V3 as simple deployment targets.
"Open Platforms for Federated Futures" is pretty much a
developer-focused rant on building decentralized applications, in which
I argue that Docker and "platform" standardization are major technical
advancements for folks who are interested in building distributed solutions.

NP if the timing isn't quite right this time around.
<3
--ryanj