[Discuss] Seeking Volunteers for Open Source Comes to Campus, October 18th

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Fri Sep 26 17:52:45 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’m helping to run an event introducing students to free/open source
software on Saturday Oct. 18th at DePaul.  I was wondering if you would be
interested in helping out!

The event runs from 10am-5pm, with coffee, bagels and socializing for a
half hour beforehand.  (Staff won't need to show up at 9:30 sharp, but
should be there by quarter of ten if possible.)  You can find out more
about the event here <insert link here>.

We're looking for people to help mentor attendees as they learn how to
contribute to open source projects.  Instructors with a variety of
backgrounds are welcome: while it's great if you have tons of experience
using git and setting up development environments, we're also looking for
people who've been involved with open source as non-programmers, who know a
bit about picking bugs and submitting patches, or who just like to talk
about their experiences with open source.

If any of this sounds appealing to you, and you're available on October
18th email us back at campus-depaul-staff at lists.openhatch.org to
coordinate.  If you're interested but not available, I can put you on a
list of potential volunteers to contact when we next run an event in the
area.  And feel free to pass this along to others in the area who you think
might be interested.

http://depaul.openhatch.org/

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16L99rDywLXPMiOK0HEkpN-R6tletE431Vt1PWIak34I/viewform

Thanks!