[chiglug] StLUG 21 May 2020 - Bash Interpolation

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu May 21 01:23:42 UTC 2020

In case anyone is interested in Bash nuts and bolts, .. or total BashHead,
Steve Lembark, and will be doing a session tomorrow evening (Zoom provided
by our sponsor, Dell):

================

TOPIC BASH Interpolation  by Steven Lembark

Interpolation is what makes BASH useful. Plumbing is nice, prompts are
cute, but the ability to iterate values, walk down lists, munge basenames
that really makes BASH worth using.

The real fun starts when we start interpolating command output: hacking
results of find or grep to generate paths, process commandlines, or count
processors to set thread counts.

This talk looks at a few commands ripe for munging and how to make more
general, re-usable shell code from them.

This is somewhat of a compliment to his well-received talk at the November
SLUUG General meeting.
The STLLUG meetings are usually on the third Thursday of each month  from
6:30PM to 9:00PM.

===================

--- begin invite ---

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://Dell.zoom.us/j/94730428123?pwd=akJ3WDRjVEdEY29qTXdUMVpiU05idz09

Chad Bersche is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join from a browser: https://Dell.zoom.us/wc/join/94730428123

*Password: **STLLUG*

Join by Phone:
        US  +16465588656,,94730428123#