[chiglug] Meeting follow-up & short-term video link

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Sun May 3 15:06:49 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for meeting-up online yesterday, and thanks to Sten and to Freddy for taking the time to put together such good presentations.

The meeting software we used yesterday, Big Blue Button, did render the video correctly, but it renders everything out into separate chunks - audio, video, shared screens / slides, whiteboard, and chat - and then uses Popcorn.js to render all of those things together on the Big Blue Button platform.  So, out of the box, it doesn't just render "a video". We can sort this out, though, and should have at least a basic 'shared slides + audio' file we can permanently host somewhere soon.

For the time being, you can watch the talks here [0], but due to server costs this link will be taken down in the very near future (likely by tomorrow). So if you really really want to watch the video right now, watch it now right now.

Viewing the presentations on Big Blue Button *does* include all of the shared webcams, which is a bit of a lol. For the next meeting, we'll have non-presenters turn-off their webcams during the talks & can turn them on again if we want to chat & eat pizza on webcams.

Thanks again for meeting up yesterday, everyone.

Jim

[0] https://meet.chicagolug.org/playback/presentation/2.0/playback.html?meetingId=eaf74e4f84784e1f4732c230e9a9c37e5ce6759b-1588445892665

P.S. We're looking to see if we can get a properly spec'ed server at PS:One for hosting BBB, but getting that set up may be a ways off.