[chiglug] Changes to Meetup Group on Meetup.com

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Mon Feb 13 23:00:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Mike McCune has been kind enough to set up the ChicagoLUG as our own,
stand-alone group on Meetup.com [0].  This means that, if you've
previously been a member of the Windy City LUG on meetup.com, you'll be
able to join the ChicagoLUG meetup group and only receive notices about
ChicagoLUG events.

The Windy City LUG meetup page will continue to serve as a sort of
umbrella-meetup, combining notices of several different types of
Linux-related events in and around Chicago. If you want to continue to
receive those notices, you can remain a part of that meetup. For a short
period of time, announcements related to ChicagoLUG will appear on both
The Windy City and ChicagoLUG meetup pages, but we'll transition to
announcing ChicagoLUG events only on the ChicagoLUG page within a month
or so.

Of course, we will continue to announce regular meetings and events via
this mailing list and via our website, too. You don't have to join any
meetup group if you don't want to join one.

Thanks, all, and let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jim

[0] https://www.meetup.com/ChicagoLUG/