[chiglug] EFF Surveillance Self-Defense 101 Event Call for Volunteers

meg ford meg387 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 02:30:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

As you know we're co-hosting  a free workshop
<https://www.eff.org/04-16-16-CHI> on surveillance self-defense with Electronic
Frontier Foundation on Saturday, April 16th at 11 am. We are looking for
more volunteers to help with the session. As part of the session we will be
helping participants to install Signal, OTR, KeePassX, HTTPS Everywhere,
and Privacy Badger. We will also be teaching participants to use Built-in
disk encryption on their devices. If you would like to help make sure that
participants have successfully installed tools, etc, and you are familiar
with some of the tools, then please either respond here or contact me, Jim
Campbell, or eviljoel off-list to let us know you're interested.

Shahid Buttar from the EFF has also asked if there are any volunteers who
would be interested in helping out with a similar event in St. Louis. Their
event is happening the day before ours. The EFF will reimburse gas costs
for anyone who can attend and is driving to help with their event. Again,
if you are interested, let us know and we will put you in touch with the
organizers of that event as well!

Thanks,
Meg