[chiglug] Intro

JS xgraystorm01 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 17:16:48 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeff, I'm new to the Chicago LUG. I've lived in Chicago for over 15 years now. I've been providing tech support for malwaresoft's Windows for a long time now, mostly to end users. But now, i have seen light!. I am studying for the LFCS, and trying to learn everything i can about linux.  Besides studying for the exam, i have a nice dual hexa-core server that i'm using to try and build a complete enterprise level infrastructure using spacewalk, complete with postgresql database integration, cobbler, ldap authentication, puppet, httpd/tomcat, nagios for monitoring, bakula for backups, and much more, I'm expecting if/when i finish it it will be about 20 vm's, and take me at least 6 months to a year to complete. But this is only for fun/learning, so i'm not spending as much time on it as i should. I'm a big fan of sci-fi, i love reading, and like games, from D&D to Fallout4.
Looking forward to meeting like-minded people.

Thanks,

Jeff