[chiglug] September LUG Meeting

meg ford meg387 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:32:18 UTC 2015

Hey,
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Jim Campbell <jcampbell at gnome.org> wrote:

> Thanks for getting in touch w/ that person, Meg. Hopefully something will
> work out for a later month.
>
> Do any folks have suggestions for September talks?  I am mostly occupied
> with a hospital-to-hospital systems integration this month (I know you're
> all jealous that I get to work with PeopleSoft), and could use some help in
> the LUG meeting organization department.

Chris Webber pinged me on irc today and said that he's planning to be in
Chicago on September 30th and would like to give a talk. For those who
don't know Chris, he helped me and Jim found the LUG, he is the lead
developer of MediaGoblin <http://mediagoblin.org/>, and he gives awesome
talks :) He'd proposed two topics and is willing to give either/both talks:
    - Functional package management with Guix
    - Federation and ActivityPump

We would need to meet on Wednesday night instead of our usual Saturday
time, though, and it's likely the meeting would be held either at the Red
Hat office downtown or FreeGeek.

What do you all think? Also, does anyone else have a talk they'd like to
propose?

Cheers,
Meg