[chiglug] Purism (@Puri_sm) FOSS Laptop, Privacy & Security

Rob Dux robwdux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:57:13 UTC 2015

I think this article puts things in perspective.

tl;dr modern Intel hardware will never likely be run without any binary
blobs. Current rev2 Purism ships with coreboot but the Intel FSP (Firmware
Support Package) does most of the work to initialize the hardware.

I wonder about AMD, whether they have been approached. Similar response as
Intel?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2960524/laptop-computers/why-linux-enthusiasts-are-arguing-over-purisms-sleek-idealistic-librem-laptops.html

-rob