[chiglug] Purism (@Puri_sm) FOSS Laptop, Privacy & Security

Drew Fustini pdp7pdp7 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 01:51:19 UTC 2015

Yeah, I've been following with interest.   Their blog has been very
informative about the nitty gritty of Intel firmware:

BIOS Freedom Status
https://puri.sm/posts/bios-freedom-status/

Roadmap To A Completely Free BIOS
https://puri.sm/posts/roadmap-to-a-completely-free-bios/

Road to FSF RYF Endorsement… and Beyond
https://puri.sm/road-to-fsf-ryf-endorsement-and-beyond/

Specifically, I found this very interesting:

"Because Purism ships Librem CPUs fused to allow unsigned software, we
have set our sights on publishing a Free Software implementation of
the Management Engine firmware. No other company currently offers CPUs
with this configuration, though it is our hope that our success will
prompt more and more companies to fuse their CPUs for freedom."

cheers,
drew