[chiglug] December meeting & other notes

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Tue Nov 17 05:17:16 UTC 2015

Hi All,

As we cruise through November, I wanted to see what December meeting
dates would work well for folks and discuss a few other items.

As for the December meeting, I'd want to keep the meeting earlier in the
month, so I'm thinking either Saturday, December 5th, or Saturday the
12th. Let us know if you have a preference for either weekend (or if you
know that one won't work for you).

As for talks, I want to suggest two:  Drew Fustini giving a talk on
Let's Encrypt and Sten giving his proposed systemd talk. Would either /
both of you be up for giving those talks in December?

Rackspace usage
-----------------
While I wait for a $700 bill to be refunded to my credit card due from
Rackspace, I thought I'd check and see if people are still using a
couple of servers that we have up:

- chilug-ansible-web
- meg.chicagolug.org
- tor.chicagolug.org

Are those in use? Are people maintaining / using them? We can archive
them if they're going unused, and then spin them back up if you need
them again. I don't mean to discourage people from using the Rackspace
services, but I want to be considerate of their generosity and make sure
that we're using and maintaining the servers that we have running.

Social media
Would anyone be interested in having/sharing access to the LUG twitter
account? I tweet from it, but more tweets would be good. We don't have a
social media policy other than our tweets should be excellent. Please
let me know if you'd be willing to pitch-in on our tweets.

Jim