[Discuss] RMS talks in March

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Wed Mar 18 17:28:11 UTC 2015

Alright, I can't let this go. I can see why some people do not find
Richard Johnson's (Johnson) joke funny, but just because some people
don't find it funny, doesn't mean that all of us do not find it funny. I
don't see why it is in appropriate either. Richard Stallman (Stallman)
has a habit of scratching his genitalia during his talks. I don't see
why referencing genitalia in this joke automatically classifies it as
inappropriate.

It is a matter of personal preference in whether or not you find it
funny, but it should be Johnson's basic right to say the joke if he
chooses to do so. In this instance, Johnson is not making anyone feel
unwelcome or excluded (except maybe Stallman). We are all adults here.
We are all familiar with other gender's genitalia. We are not at work.
We can all certainly at least tolerate a genitalia joke on an Internet
mailing list.

Sincerely,
Joel Luellwitz