[Discuss] Dell Laptop Linux pre-installed under $300

Peter Baumgarten me at peter-baumgarten.com
Wed Jun 3 23:20:07 UTC 2015

I do not know about a preinstall deal, but on the website they used to lump
the Ubuntu laptops with the chrome books, and the it seems like they do
tout it coming preinstalled with Chrome as a feature.

Also if anyone is interested I got the trackpad working with Fedora 22
workstation.  I needed to blacklist a kernel module.  Ubuntu did the same
thing, which is why it worked out of the box with Ubuntu and not Fedora.
The command I ran as root was

echo "blacklist i2c_hid" | tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/i2c_hid.conf