[Discuss] RMS talks in March

Drew Fustini pdp7pdp7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:47:27 UTC 2015

I know many of us are all familiar with anecdotes about Richard
Stallman, but the fact remains that he founded the GNU project and
started gcc.  It probably did take an eccentric individual to think
this was a feasible in the early 80s.  A couple decades later, I
observe that folks sometime do get annoyed with his personality
(http://lwn.net/Articles/629259/), but that is the same personality
that created the foundation of what we have today.

So, when I get the urge to make a crack about rms, I try to remember
that I am thankful for my Linux kernel compiled with gcc.

cheers,
drew