[Discuss] Linux Foundation cert

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Mon Apr 20 17:58:45 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have certificate for a free-as-in-beer Linux Foundation Certification
exam (which normally costs $300). Do any of you think that you would use
it?  If so, let me know.

You would need to sign up for the exam soon, but you would have 12
months from when you sign up for the exam to actually take it. The
certificate can be used for either the "Sysadmin" or the "Engineer"
exam, and you can take the exam on either Ubuntu, CentOS, or OpenSUSE (I
think they use Ubuntu 14.04 and CentOS 6. I'm not sure what version of
OpenSUSE they test on. You pick your distro of choice from those three,
and they test you on that).

Thanks,

Jim