[Discuss] Website SSL / STARTTLS

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Mon Oct 6 16:58:06 UTC 2014

Hi All,

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 10:14 PM, Freddy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We should be using HTTPS everywhere on our website. In particular, we
> should deploy it for our mail system using STARTTLS [0][1]. This would
> require a SSL certificate or two, which I'm sure we can get some
> donations for it. I don't think it would require a lot, but probably
> some reconfiguration of Mailman.
>
> Just some ideas that we've discussed at the LUG a few times that I
> think we should push for.
>
> Freddy M
>

> [0]
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/06/new-gmail-data-shows-rise-backbone-email-encryption
> [1] https://starttls.info/

I am interested in this, and am willing to help make it happen. I think
we would benefit most from a wildcard SSL cert, though, and those cost
money. Would people be willing to chip-in on something like this?

If someone would be willing to research options / prices, etc., we would
all appreciate it.

Jim