[Discuss] Media goblin down?

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Sat Nov 22 03:27:25 UTC 2014

Ok, Fredrigo,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Freddy Martinez wrote:
> Hi all

> Looks like our media goblin install is timing out when I try to hit
> it. Is it down?

> Freddy

I've put a script in place to check for a running mediagoblin-paster
process. If that process isn't running, the script will start it. Thanks
again for bringing this up . . . we should be model-users for
MediaGoblin. : )

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. It's none too fancy, but here it is. It runs the check via a
     crontab entry.

#!/bin/bash

echo -e "This scripts checks the to see if the mediagoblin-paster
process is running." echo -e "Checking . . . "

mgcheck=$(service mediagoblin-paster status | awk '{print $2}')

if [ $mgcheck == "start/running," ]; then echo -e "The
mediagoblin-paster process is running. Exiting." else echo -e "The
mediagoblin-paster process is not running. Starting . . . " service
mediagoblin-paster start fi