[Discuss] LUG mention in Linux.com article

Jim Campbell jcampbell at gnome.org
Fri Nov 14 02:26:14 UTC 2014

Cool! I had forgotten about this. The woman who wrote it had posted a
note to a Linux group on LinkedIn, asking how people studied for
certification exams. Her note to the LinkedIn group was, "I'm a
freelance writer working on some pieces for the Linux Foundation on
Linux certification. If you're lacking experience, how do you get the
experience you need for the exams? What's your advice?"

I replied with, "We've organized certification prep sessions in our
local Linux User group. Although we reference the LPI exams, I think
we're actually going to start with the Linux Foundation exams. You can
see some info about our sessions on our user group website. We've just
completed our sixth biweekly session:
http://chicagolug.org/category/meetings.html"

It looks like she completed the article!

By the way, many thanks to Rob and the group at the National Association
of Realtors for hosting these. We have a really great setup over there
now - wifi and an electronic whiteboard. It's some really cool stuff.
Also, many thanks to the people who are showing up to these. They've all
been co-learning sessions, and it's pretty impressive to see all of the
knowledge that people bring to the table.

Jim

--

Bonnie King