[Discuss] Questions about shells: Tmux, Screen, SSH and Terminator

Rich Johnson nixternal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:15:43 UTC 2014

Yakuake + tmux, becuase KDE > * if you didn't already know :p

Hey, with tmux, do what I do, create aliases for attach & crap, because
yes, default way TMUX bindings are redonkulous. Though, you could set it up
to mimic screen as well. If you are using Ubuntu, just byobu homey with the
tmux backend. Though to be honest, you don't need Terminator for the
splitting because you can do that in tmux.

http://blog.yjl.im/2009/11/migrating-to-tmux-from-gnuscreen.html - good
little tutorial of the switch from screen to tmux

And of course there is always the Arch wiki. Probably the best place for
documentation on Linux in general, if only a lot of their devs/maintainers
knew how to do proper packaging.

--Rich Johnson