[Discuss] Questions about shells: Tmux, Screen, SSH and Terminator

Kevin Brandstatter icarusthecow at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:03:47 UTC 2014

http://blog.hwarf.com/2009/06/howto-set-sshd-idle-timeout.html

Quick google search found that, which shows a parameter for the idle
timeout on the remote side.
>From the man page for sshd_config
"""
ClientAliveInterval
             Sets a timeout interval in seconds after which if no data
has been received
             from the client, sshd(8) will send a message through the
encrypted channel to
             request a response from the client.  *The default is 0,
indicating that these**
**             messages will not be sent to the client*.  This option
applies to protocol ver‐
             sion 2 only.
"""
I can only assume that means the server will do nothing to try and keep
the connection open.

-Kevin